[TRNSYS-users] radiator_modelling

NOM KARAS nomkaras at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:47:13 PDT 2011

Dear Trnsys users,

I want to modell a classic heating system with radiators (that use hot
water, heated from a central boiler). I have read previous threads that talk
about a component of transsolar (type 362 ) that simulates such a radiator
and found that TESS has a similar component type-1231. Unfortunately  I
don't have these components (I have an older version of TESS library) and I
wondered if i could simulate somehow the radiator with type-56 (trnbuild) by
using an active layer. I know that active layers are traditionally used for
internal floor heating, but I made this consideration :

To add to my heating zone an external wall *with active layer* and *adiabatic
conditions* on the surface looking to the enviroment ( active layers cant
unfortunately be used in internal walls) that has wall area equal to the
desired radiator (and by equal   i mean the total surface of the radiator
that takes part in the radiation-convection  heat exchange).

I would appreciate your opinion on this,

with regards Nomikos.