[TRNSYS-users] problem with type 4c

Alain Guiavarch alain.guiavarch at mines-paristech.fr
Fri Oct 14 03:19:59 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I did a very simple test : a water storage (type 4c), initialized at 50°C.
There is no load, no heat source.
The only heat transfer is the heat loss by conduction through the walls
of the tank (with an ambient temperature of 20°C)
Very simple !

But there is something I don't understand in the results ( the tank is
is divided in 20 layers) :
All layers follow the same temperature decrease, all except one layer,
the bottom layer. The temperature of the bottom layer (the 20th layer in
the figure, the first layer being the top layer) is not consistent
compared the other layers.

Did I someting wrong ? Where is the error (I also attached the project
file)?

Thank you !

Alain Guiavarch