[TRNSYS-users] how to update change in TRNSYS3D???

Karol Bandurski karol.bandurski at put.poznan.pl
Fri Oct 14 03:05:05 PDT 2011

Hi,

There is procedure to update TRNSYS3D file but how it working - I can't
cope.

My issue:

1)      I start with creating building in Google SketchUp - create *.idf
file

2)      Then, I start new project in Simulation Studio using project type:
'3D Building Project (multizone)' - create *_b17.idf file

3)      Then using TRNBuild I change construction of walls, windows, I
introduce heating, ventilation ect.

4)      Now I would like to change dimension of one window without changing
'Geometry Modes' -how to do it without changing other things (heating,
ventilation, construction of walls, windows.)???

I know about function File-> Update TRNSYS3D  file. but how to do it:

a)      Where I should introduce changes: in *.idf file or in *_b17.idf?

b)      Which file should I select for line 'select corresponding TRNSYS3d
File' and line '"Save As" update TRNSYS3d File' in Update-window?

c)       It is enough to click 'Update' or I should do something more?

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

Karol Bandurski MSc.

 <http://www.ee.put.poznan.pl/> Institute of Environmental Engineering

Poznan University of Technology