[TRNSYS-users] Fresnel collector

Andrés Montero andresmonteroi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:32:40 PDT 2011

Dear users,

Someone told me that is possible to use Type71 (trnsys 16) in order to
simulate a Fresnel collector. I have the IAM data file to feed the type and
all the coefficients to represent its efficiency.
I need some inputs for this model (type71) and one of them is the incident
radiation. Would I have to connect the radiation processor (type 16g) to
evacuated tube collecto (type 71) with the following assumption:
- Solar zenith angle = Solar zenith angle
- Solar azimuth angle = Solar azimuth angle
- Beam radiation on surface 1 = Incident radiation
- Incidence angle for surface 1 = Solar incidence angle

I know this is an approximation to the real behaivour of a Fresnel collector
but at least I can simulate this collector in a certain way.

Regards,

--
Andrés Montero I.
+34-680705256