[TRNSYS-users] Problem to model

Brembilla Christian christian.brembilla at aalto.fi
Thu Oct 6 07:44:03 PDT 2011

Godmornig,

I am Christian a beginner TRNSYS user.

I have some difficult to model  the building. I followed the

the guide 3D building tutorial. I create the same model in the example.

Than I start TRNBUILD, I only match the surfaces. After that I want to come back in

 TRNSYS3D.

At page 5-15 of user guide I tried to follow the instruction. I red that for come back

I have to do the update trnsys3D file and select the corresponding Trnsys3d file for the open

BUI file (*_b17.IDF) and give the name and location of the update file.

It creates a .idf file, which does not open with TRNSYS3D. In the guide 3D building tutorial

at page 17 says: "After linking the surfaces and zones, the ***_B17.idf model can be

 reloaded into Trnsys3d. First, go to the main SketchUp menu and chose Plugins ‐> Trnsys3d

 ‐> Renderings ‐> Settings . This it will open the rendering settings dialog box"

I also cannot open the rendering settings browser. So I cannot continue with the exercise.

Somebody could you help me?

Somebody could say me if is it correct my procedure?

When have I use simulation studio and trendit?

Could somebody send me a simple example with the instruction and the simulation

and the instruction to follow step by step?

regards

C.B.