[TRNSYS-users] questions about TRNOPT

Yin Hang yhang at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 29 14:09:56 PST 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

Probably this question was already been asked, but I could
not find the answer. I hope someone could help me out with
my problem.
I want to use TRNOPT for a optimization problem. I use
TRNSYS 17 for my model, and I believe the TRNOPT is version
17.
My model works fine in the simulation studio, although it
takes several warnings. But when the GENOPT starts, I
received an error message in the GENOPT screen:

"Assigning 2 threads for simulations.
Initialize.
Java.lang.Exception:

Exception in executing the simulation program

Simulation working directory:..
Command string:.

Error in executing the simulation program
Exit value of the simulation program: 1
Working directory: .
Current command String:.
Error stream of simulation program: Simulation program did
not return an error stream.

GENOPT terminated with error.
See logfile for future information.
"

Could someone tell me what does this error mean, or where
can I find more detailed information about this error?
I run the example in genopt, and it works well. So I believe
there should be something wrong with my model rather than
the software itself.

Thanks.
Yin (Kathy) Hang

Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant(CE497)
Architectural Engineering
Purdue University
550 Stadium Mall Dr., West Lafayette, IN 47907

Office: CIVL G292C
Phone: (765)-494-1714(o), (765)-430-8452(c)