[TRNSYS-users] problem about GENOPT

Yin Hang yhang at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 28 14:39:11 PST 2011

Hello,
I have a problem when I try to use GENOPT for my research.
I tried the example case introduced in the manual by using
TRNSYS 16-1, and it shows there is error and the optimal
results is different with the results shown in the manual.
The error message is:

Optimization terminated with error.

Error message:
**************
genopt.lang.OptimizerException:
Program error. Attempted to delete non-temporary file.

GenOpt terminated with error.

Could someone give me some hint about the error?
Is that possible because my jave folder is different with
the required directory in the manual C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin? Mine is "C:\Program
Files\Java\jre6\bin".

Thanks.
Yin (Kathy) Hang

Research Assistant
Architectural Engineering
Purdue University
550 Stadium Mall Dr., West Lafayette, IN 47907

Office: CIVL G292C
Phone: (765)-494-1714