[TRNSYS-users] control function for shading system

Damien Gondre damien.gondre at insa-lyon.fr
Wed Nov 23 07:36:52 PST 2011

Hi Rana,

You can:

- define your external shading factor as an input of type 56 (let's say
"ESF1")

- create an equation box in the simulation studio (Assembly > insert new
equation).

- define in the equation box an input (IB_X) linked to the beam radiation
value (weather data reader -> Type 99 or 109)

- define an output as : *ESF1_value = ge(IB_X,972)* (because 270 W/m² = 972
kJ/h.m²)
-> it is equivalent to say "*if IB_X >= 270 W/m² then ESF1_value =
1 else ESF1_value = 0*"

- link this output ("ESF1_value") to the type56 input ("ESF1")

Regards,

Damien.