[TRNSYS-users] Calling TRNSYS from Matlab

Marcus jones.0bj3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:14:16 PST 2011

You can achieve this by scripting each step of your process in Matlab. I
have done this in the past where I did a simple string find / replace on a
copy of a template DCK file to update values, and then executed the
simulation from the command line. Something like dos("TRNEXE
template1.dck"). I had a conference paper last year which has an overview
of the coupling; http://www.optimalenergetics.com/Blog/?page_id=7, and
since then I've moved everything into Python where I can take advantage of
object oriented programming, demo of this is here if your interested;
http://www.optimalenergetics.com/Blog/?p=78

Cheers,

Marcus
--