[TRNSYS-users] Calling TRNSYS from Matlab

Josh Clarke josh at joshclarke.com
Wed Nov 16 06:43:32 PST 2011

Hello All,

I am trying to implement a code with the following basic information flow:

1. Matlab generates a set of system parameters.
2. Matlab passes those system parameters as inputs to TRNSYS.
3. TRNSYS runs a year-long simulation using those system parameters and
supplies the results to Matlab.
4. Matlab uses the results to determine a new set of input parameters.
5. Return to Step 2 until some exit condition is reached.

I've looked at the documentation for Type 155, but it appears that it is
used for calling Matlab while running a TRNSYS simulation. What I'm looking
for is a means of calling TRNSYS from within Matlab and running repeated
simulations. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh