[TRNSYS-users] cooling flower

Bastien GARBAY garbay at enertech.fr
Mon Nov 14 07:40:37 PST 2011

Dear TrnSys users,
I'm trying to model a cooling floor under TrnBuild. I use an active layer with a constant input temperature (17°C). I would like to model the effect of a constant fluid flow on the building temperature and on the effective cooling power of the floor. In order to allow for my constant flow (3.8 kg/h.m²), I use the automatic segmentation of the active layer. My model runs all right.
In order to assess the cooling power of the floor, I use the surface output n°19 "QCOMI". This output is calculated for each segment. My problem is that when I compare the QCOMI for each segment, they are really diffrenet. I would have expected similar results.
- Is my model allright to model a cooling floor ?
- Is QCOMI the correct output to assess the effective cooling power of the floor ?
- If both previous answers are yes, would have any idea of why such a difference between the QCOMI of each segment ?
Thank you for your help !

Bastien GARBAY
Cabinet SIDLER / ENERTECH
Quartier Bourgounion