[TRNSYS-users] SDHW template Tin and Useful energy gain- strange behaviour

Philip Horn phorn at fraunhofer.org
Tue May 31 09:05:00 PDT 2011

I now solved the input temp "misbehavior", it was just a wrong connection...

However, the issue of a rising Quse while increasing the flowrate (in a extreme manner, i.e. that Tout is almost Tin) still confuses me.

How can I determine the optimum flowrate for a maximum of Quse (I try to figure out an optimization for a polymer unglazed flat plate collector, so I am trying to understand the behaviours and parameter sensitivity of the different collector types.)?

Is the solution for that may be linking the pumpcontrol to a designated Tout?
I guess that's the standard way to do it and the standard SDHW uses this control as well.

I tried that and when I used this pumpcontrol strategy I gained:

Quse=2.6 *10'6	with Toutmax in summer around 130 deg C for a flowrate of 200 Kg/h

Quse=3.7 *10'6	with Toutmax in summer around 55 deg C for a flowrate of 20 Kg/h

Quse=2.1 *10'5	with Toutmax in summer around 200 deg C for a flowrate of 2 Kg/h

(those high temperatures probably occur only for a short timestep whenever the pump starts running...)

Here again the question, how can I maximize the Quse of my system?

The dependency of Quse and flowrate seems not to be linear and the resulting Touts are strange as well.

I used the standard efficiency coefficients eta0=0.8 and efflope=13

I try to figure out an optimization for a polymer unglazed flat plate collector, so I am trying to understand the behaviours and parameter sensitivity of the different collector types.

Any thoughts on that?

Best,
Philip