[TRNSYS-users] beam radiation warnings

Ben Elliston bje at air.net.au
Tue Mar 29 01:51:37 PDT 2011

Hi all.

I am using TRNSYS via NREL's Solar Advisor Model.  I've supplied SAM
with my own TMY file constructed using locally sourced weather and
solar irradiance data.  TRNSYS produces 400+ warnings like this:

*** Warning at time       :         9.000000
    Generated by Unit     :     6
    Generated by Type     :    15
    Message               : The calculated value of the beam radiation exceeded the maximum possible beam radiation for this timestep.  The beam radiation has been set to the extraterrestrial radiation for this timestep.

So that I can troubleshoot my TMY file (or perhaps the resultant
TRNSYS input file), can anyone explain what the warning means,
precisely?  What could trigger it?

Thanks, Ben