[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS3D_Updating an Trnsys3d file

Angela Dröscher angela.droescher at tugraz.at
Thu Mar 24 05:48:24 PDT 2011

Dear Mika,

the update usually works well for me, so maybe some detailed explanation here for your better understanding:
The test_b17.idf is the file that got created when you imported you original test.idf into TRNBuild (or read it in the Simulation Studio). This is the file you need to select in the first line of the pop-up window ("Select corresponding TRNSYS3d File (*_b17.idf)"). In the second line (""Save As" update TRNSYS3d File (*.idf)") you can either choose your original idf-file and overwrite it (in case you have nerve) or give it a new name such as "test2.idf". When the update is completed, you can open test2.idf in Google SketchUp and NOW add a zone. When you are finished in Google SketchUp, you can again import the test2.idf in TRNBuild and will get a test2.b17 (and a test2_b17.idf) where the settings you did in test.b17 are still existent. If you want to do another modification in Google SketchUp, you again have to update your idf (choose test2_b17.idf in the first line of the pop-up window) and so on.
To conlude: you _first_ have to update the *.idf via TRNBuild (to transfer your settings), _then_ you can modify it in SketchUp and re-import it in TRNBuild.

Hope that helps,
best regards
Angela

--