[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS3D_Updating an Trnsys3d file

Yoshinaga Mika yoshi at meijo-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 23 22:30:58 PDT 2011

Dear All,

Does anyone know how to update idf-file in TRNBuild with TRNSYS 3D (ver.1.0.5.2)?

My situation is like this. I created a test.idf file by Google sketch-up, read it by Simulation Studio as new 3d file (test-b17.idf and test.b17 files are created here), and set all of the material data (ex. wall type), schedules and so on by TRNBuild. Now I'd like to add one zone into this project without resetting the material data again!

I can select "File->Update Trnsys 3d File" but the next pop-up window requests 2 files. This window is different from the way the manual says. One message is "Select corresponding TRNSYS3d File (*_b17.idf)", the other is ""Save As" update TRNSYS3d File (*.idf)".
Though I set the new test2.idf file (add one zone into test.idf by sketch-up) or test2-b17.idf file (through Simulation Studio) as the former requested file, both couldn't work well. How should I use this function?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Mika