[TRNSYS-users] trnbuild error in generating the shading/insolation matrix

Marion Hiller hiller at transsolar.com
Tue Mar 22 01:16:50 PDT 2011

Dear Stefano,

I apologize for the delay. I was deeply involved with project worked and
… .

The problem is the “VirtualSurface” between

CHURCH_NORTH and MAIN_CHURCH

CHURCH_SOUTH and MAIN_CHURCH

A “VirtualSurface” is very special. It is drawn in order to close a
volume, but it isn’t imported as heat transfer surface and doesn’t
appear in TRNBuild anymore.

The insolation matrix calculation uses the Data of TRNbuild and since
the virtual surfaces aren’t there the error appears. The
“VirtualSurface” in the 3D mode

should be used in conjunction with multi-airnode zones only.

I solved the problem by the changing the “VirtualSurface” into an
“adjacent wall” in the zones (see attachement).

If you need to transfer the radiation from CHURCH_NORTH into MAIN_CHURCH
you can place a window on the adjacent wall.

This window might be the “no window” with a solar transmission of 100 %.

Cheers,

Marion

Dipl.-Ing. Marion Hiller
TRANSSOLAR: KlimaEngineering - Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen
und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäude
Munich - New York - Stuttgart + 49.711.67976.0

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart
Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347, Steuernummer 99073/00911, USt-IdNr.:
DE152272639

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer,
Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst, Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Bleicher

  _____