[TRNSYS-users] Stratified storage Tank

Lei Wang leiwang at tees.tamus.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:17:32 PST 2011

Hi, All

I try to use the Type4a(stratified storage tank) to modeling the ChW thermal storage tank, which volume was 1 million gal and height was 100 feet.

The description of the type is as following
"The thermal performance of a fluid-filled sensible energy storage tank, subject to thermal stratification, can be modeled by assuming that the tank consists of N (N <= 100) fully-mixed equal volume segments"

So I think the maximum nodes number can be 100.

But when I input the number of nodes were 100, the TrnExe shows that there was a range check error. When I check the list file, there didn't show any error
Information.

When I input the number of nodes were 80, it works fine.

Thanks

Lei