[TRNSYS-users] Transient behavior of the heat exchangers

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Mar 4 11:00:35 PST 2011

<I want to model a heat recovery unit and I need to get the transient
behavior of the unit before it reaches it is steady point, which is the
cast the existing heat exchangers in TRNSYS library are doing. I have the
scaling factor that should be multiplied by the steady-state effectiveness
to get the transient one, the only problem is I don't know how I can
define this in the code. Any suggestions??>

What are the independent variables in the scaling factor correlation?
Time, temperature change, flow rate?  Based on your answer, I would
suggest re-coding the heat exchanger model to set the heat exchanger
effectiveness as a function of these independent variables.  On a TRNSYS
difficulty scale this is probably a 6 out of 10 as you need to be able to
re-code, re-compile, and re-link TRNSYS.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370