[TRNSYS-users] shadings

davide disco chester_83 at hotmail.it
Tue Mar 1 02:15:32 PST 2011

Dear all,
I have some doubts about shading.
Looking at the attached (that is a plant of the thermal zone subject of
          my study), you can see that there are portions
      of wall (indicated by letters) that, depending
          on the sun direction (e.g.
          north or north-west in my case), cause a shadow zone on the walls
          indicated by numbers.

      In consequence of this, walls indicated by numbers shouldn't have
      the same amount of solar radiation incident on their outside
      surface. Am I wrong if I think so?

      Is this
        shading important for the
        calculation of the incoming
          and outgoing heat from each wall
          and for the calculation of heat and cooling
      demands?

      In this case,maybe I should indicate separately every portion of wall indicated by numbers and letters so that
        I can take into account
          these shadings by an appropriate
        value of geosurf
      for each portion of wall or can I
        alternatively take
      into account these shadings in some other way?
For example, can I use types 34, 64 or 67 for my purpose?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards