[TRNSYS-users] Need some help about Type 557

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Jun 9 13:07:22 PDT 2011

<I'm using the type 557 which models a tube in tube borehole. This
exchanger extracts cold from the ground and transfers it into a building
to  provide space cooling all the year long.I'm contacting you because i
would like to know if this type takes in account the long term effect. I
fact when you inject heat in the soil constantly the ground tempeture is
suposed to rise. I don't understand why the Average ground temperature
remains constant within the 5 years of simulation.>

The model does take into account the long-term impact of the head addition
to the soil.  I've used it in many, many projects and have watched the
delivery temperatures increase over the years.  Is there a chance you have
things hooked up wrong?

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC