[TRNSYS-users] Type Nrs in TESS Libs TRNSYS 17

Andreas Heinz andreas.heinz at tugraz.at
Tue Jun 14 08:56:15 PDT 2011

Dear Jeff Thornton!

We just realized that in the new TESS libs (TRNSYS 17) there is a large number of Types with TypeNumbers between 801 and 999.
This is quite confusing, because in the Programmer's Guide (page 7-23) it is said, that the type numbers 801-999 are "not reserved", while the numbers 501-800 are for TESS-types (which I think would be the same convention as in TRNSYS16).

We just ran into troubles, as we used 977 as the type number for one of our non-standard types. It took us quite some time to identify the problem (which was, that the DLL of the TESS-type with the same number was loaded instead of the correct one).

If there is a new convention for the selection of type numbers, it would be very helpful for everybody out there to have this information.

Regards,
Andreas

---
Andreas Heinz
DI (FH) Dr.techn.
Institut für Wärmetechnik / Institute of Thermal Engineering
TU Graz / Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 25b, A-8010 Graz
Tel.: +43-316-873-7313
Fax.: +43-316-873-7305