[TRNSYS-users] compiler use in win64

Aaron Danenberg ajdanenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:14:52 PDT 2011

I am running a 64 Bit Windows 7 Pro machine.  I use Intel Parallel Studio XE
2011 (x86) with MS Visual Studio 2008.  I have never used TRNSYS or IPS on
anything other than 64 Bit machines (I am still relatively new).  I have not
changed any settings in the compiler, and installed with recommended
settings.  I do not do execute any compiling commands from within TRNSYS, I
have found it easy enough to compile within IPS, make a copy of the .dll in
the project folder and paste it into the release dll's folder.  I do not
think you need to make any changes.  The only bug I have is that every now
and then I get an error with TypeCK, it will say something like value a
exceeds value c, and compiling aborted.  When this happens I close IPS, open
it again, clean the solution, then it compiles.  This was a pain before I
found out it could be easily remedied.

-Aaron