[TRNSYS-users] controlling HX temperature output

Nicholas LaHam ndlaham at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:21:19 PDT 2011

Does anyone know what controller or component would work best for
controlling the temperature of a HX output (on the load-side) by using a
variable speed pump? The source-side draws from a tank which varies in
temperature throughout the day. I want to add as much energy to the
load-side up until it hits 85 degrees then I need the variable speed pump to
slow down so that the load is maxed out at 85.

I tried using the proportional controller but my source-side temperature
varies in temperature quite a bit and it’s difficult to get something
consistent on my load-side output.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick LaHam