[TRNSYS-users] duplicate equation block component

CHEZE David 227480 david.cheze at cea.fr
Wed Jul 20 02:00:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

I wrote an Equation block (in TRNSYS 17.0.019) which stands for a very
simple fluid heater and I aim to duplicate this block (just Copy/paste
in the Studio) in order to have a new instance of this object in the
same project but connected to another hydraulic loop with different
behavior : when I just copy/past in the studio, another block is nicely
copied, all equations are written in the deck files but with the same
variable's names what can not be used as I guessed. In an object
oriented use of this "Equation block", it would be nice to have a
feature in the studio which ensures an automatic renaming of the
declared variables. Another way is obviously user component's writing
but not so quick and more general while the problem was local.

Thanks for your advice,

David