[TRNSYS-users] Weather file conversion: epw -> tm2

Horocholyn, Rick rhoro at hydro.mb.ca
Mon Jul 18 05:58:28 PDT 2011

Dear all,

Does anyone know of a utility that I can use to convert epw weather
files to tm2 format?  This question was posed in a March 29, 2011 forum
question, but the response back was that TRNSYS can read both formats.
That's fine, but this did not address the question directly.  The
problem I have is that, using Sketchup and then the '3D Building Project
(multizone)' wizard in TRNSYS, the model created by the wizard relies
exclusively on a tm2-format weather file.  There is no tm2 weather I
have found for my location (Winnipeg, CAN), and simply replacing the
default weather file (a tm2 file) with my Winnipeg epw file will cause
the model to fail because the two sets of weather data are incompatible.
There are so many connections to the weather data component that are
automatically linked by the wizard that it appears unlikely I'll be able
to figure out how to manually re-connect all the links.  The simplest
solution would be to simply have a tm2-format file for my location.

Regards,
Rick.