[TRNSYS-users] Type 534 HX Parameter Clarification

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Jul 14 13:43:26 PDT 2011

<I would like some clarification on how TRNSYS uses the HX sizing
parameters for Type 534.  For the "Number of tubes" parameter, the
documentation explains: The number of identical tubes comprising the heat
exchanger. Does this mean it takes the length of tube you inputted in the
previous parameter (Tube Length) and divide it by the number of tubes or
does it multiply the length by the number of tubes?>

You are inputting the length of one tube, the model will then scale the
calculated overall heat transfer coefficient for one tube by the number of
tubes.

<Also, when I try putting a tube length greater than 100m in the plugin,
it always changes it back to what it was before. Is this normal? is there
a reason why there is a limit of 100m? >

Just an arbitrarily large limit for the length of each tube.  Do you
really have a a tank with one tube longer than 100 m?

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370