[TRNSYS-users] Type 534 HX Parameter Clarification

Jason Ng Cheng Hin jason.ngchenghin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:36:19 PDT 2011

Hello,

I would like some clarification on how TRNSYS uses the HX sizing parameters
for Type 534.

For the "Number of tubes" parameter, the documentation explains: The number
of identical tubes comprising the heat
exchanger. Does this mean it takes the length of tube you inputted in the
previous parameter (Tube Length) and divide it by the number of tubes or
does it multiply the length by the number of tubes?

Also, when I try putting a tube length greater than 100m in the plugin, it
always changes it back to what it was before. Is this normal? is there a
reason why there is a limit of 100m? (I realize its an abnormally long
tube...)

Thanks,

Jason