[TRNSYS-users] Type 655: flowrate problem

wim.vansteenkiste@ugent.be Wim.Vansteenkiste at UGent.be
Fri Jan 21 09:42:26 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm using a Type 655 air cooled chiller in an HVAC simulation. I found
messages at this mailinglist from the past saying that the example
datafile of this type is wrong. That's not my problem. The problem I
am encountering is that the Type 655 treats the input "chilled water
flowrate" as a temperature, and therefore you can only choose units
like C, F or K. Therefore you cannot connect another type , for
example a pump or a diverter to this type655 as the flowrates are in
different units and TRNSYS refuses to connect them. The only way to
connect the flowrates is to use an "equation" that gets the flowrate
from your pump as an input and sends the exact same flowrate as output
to the type655.

Is there a more elegant way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Wim Vansteenkiste.