[TRNSYS-users] Simulation errors

Knut Erik Enerstvedt knut.erik.enerstvedt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:13:11 PST 2011

Cory,

I can try to help you with your first question. When an equation includes a
division by a non-constant, you should use for example c = a/max(b,0.000001)
instead of c = a/b. This is to make sure that the divisor never reaches zero
during TRNSYS iterations.

As for your second question, I unfortunately have no advice except to open
the List file (Calculate->Open->List file) and see if you can identify the
component(s) causing the error by Type or Unit number. Hope someone else can
complement on this issue.

Best regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt

>I am having two issues when trying to get my simulation to run.  First, it
says there is a divide by zero in one of my equations.  I have determined
that >a mass flow rate that is being used in the equation is not being set
to a value.  I checked the preceding blocks and they say the flow rate
should be >100kg/hr.  The previous block is a mixer piece and within the
block it says the outlet mass flow rate is 100, but when I check the actual
path >connection value it says 0. Why would that mass flow rate value not be
passed?

>Also, I am getting an error that says "the  user has specified LABELS for
a component model where they are not allowed. Error 39."  How do I track