[TRNSYS-users] modellling a transpired (perforated) solar collector facade

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Fri Jan 14 08:21:11 PST 2011

Eleni,

The simple way of modeling a transpired solar wall is using RETScreen from Natural Resources Canada, which is free.

RETScreen doesn't allow all the flexibility described below, but there are multiple types of products in the database so you could use that as a starting point for comparing characteristics.

I am told that it is possible/difficult to model a transpired solar wall in TRNSYS, but I have never tried it.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>