[TRNSYS-users] modellling a transpired (perforated) solar collector facade

eleni ampatzi eampatzi at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:10:22 PST 2011

Hi All,

I am posting this on behalf of a colleague who is looking for a
suitable simulation software for a particular research project.

*I'm looking for a method of modellling a transpired (perforated) solar
collector facade on a large building.  I'd like to look at different
variables (e.g. pitch and size of perforations, distance between facade and
wall, airflow, meteorological variations, etc) and how this affects the
relationship of the collector with the building and any existing/backup
heating/cooling services.*

Could anyone reply with a comment on whether TRNSYS is suitable for this
modelling exercise and if yes, what are the components required (if any)
from the TRNSYS-related libraries or any others available out there?

Thank you in advance for your replies,

Regards

Eleni
--