[TRNSYS-users] Type56 Window Outputs

Daniel Bergey daniel at buildingscience.com
Tue Feb 22 08:28:33 PST 2011

I'm trying to sancheck some windows that I defined in LBL Window and
imported to TRNSYS.  I have a few questions:

1) It looks as though Type56 does not have an output that isolates the
solar gain (or radiation in general) through a window.  Is this right?

2) I've been using ouput 19, (QCOMI: energy from inside surf. incl. conv.
to air and longwave radiation to other surfaces ).  Am I right that this
should be roughly UA*\delta T + SHGC * Q_{incident} ?

3) Has anyone been down this road and found a better way to verify that
the window properties are as they should be?  (I'm looking for
closed-loop feedback, not just the U-value and SHGC reported by Window.)

Thank you,
Daniel