[TRNSYS-users] 4 way valve and tank inside another tank type

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Feb 14 11:37:53 PST 2011

<My question is do we have any type for four way valve as shown as M1
(Mixer 1).>

There is a model in the TESS Hydronics Library to simulate Mixer 1.  As an
alternative you could use a combination of several Type 11s (standard
components).

<Second question is what type I have to use for my VPAS tank. It is a tank
with another tank inside it. The inner tank is used for domestic hot water
while outer tank is used for space heating.>

We have a model that is not yet part of the TESS Storage Tank Library that
simulates tank-in-tank configurations AND includes immersed heat
exchangers!  For now, we're selling it as a stand-alone model - please
contact us for price details.  If you're trying to do it with standard
models then you might be able to inter-connect two Type 4's but that'll
get tricky and likely won't work all that well.

<Also what about radiators and fan coil unit types?>

There are radiator and fan coil models in the TESS HVAC Library.

<Do I have to connect psychometric type to heat pump ( I am using type 938
for heat pump)? >

You'll need to connect the air temperature, humidity ratio and/or relative
humidity to the Type 938 model.  If the air-side part is outside you can
connect it to the Type 15 weather module directly.  If it's inside you
should connect it to the temperature and humidity of the indoor space.

<Last question is how I can re circulate my flow in solar collector loop
using M2?>

You can do it with equations and diverting and mixing valves but it's
messy.  We usually use the tempering valve model in the TESS Control
Library and corresponding mixing and diverting valves - works really well.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370