[TRNSYS-users] problem about type 51 cooling tower (solarabsorption system)

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Mon Feb 7 12:10:07 PST 2011

  Hello Matt,1. Depends on the design of the actual system, but yes, most of the time it is pumped to a fan coil. You should be able to find a fan/cooling coil in the TESS HVAC Library or the TRNSYS Standard HVAC Lib.2. That is a correlation where "c" and "n" are generated from published data points from the actual cooling tower - Type51a is the other mode of the cooling tower where the user provides a data file to accomplish this, and the "c" and "n" are printed to the *.lst file.  A couple of years ago, I considered a nominal 240 ton tower, and its coefficient was c=1.36 and exponent was n=-0.937. I believe these are the default values for Type51b in TRNSYS 17.Best regards,Matt Duffy ----- Original Message -----From: "Matt Wang" >;jaochen88 at hotmail.com