[TRNSYS-users] old types in TRNSYS 16 to TRNSYS 17

jordi cipriano cipriano at cimne.upc.edu
Wed Feb 2 02:50:23 PST 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a question concerning to the TRNSYS 17. For the last years I
programmed new types in TRNSYS 16, and I used Compaq VF 6.6.a for
compiling and running TRNSYS in debug mode.
Now, I have a new laptop with Windows 7, 64 bits, and I have some dubts
about buying the new version of TRNSYS or keep working with TRNSYS 16:
1. Is it possible to install TRNSYS 16 in Windows 7-64 bits and if yes,
can I use the version in 64 bits of Compaq VF or should I move to Intel
Visual Fortran? Is there any problem in using TRNSYS in debug mode?.
2. In  case I move to TRNSYS 17, what happens with my programmed types ?
I understand the dll of them will be fully compatible, however if I want
to modify them, what kind of compiler should I use ? what happens with
the modifications in the INFO ARRAY an in the TYPECK function, should I
reprogram this changes in my old types?

Many thanks,

Jordi Cipriano