[TRNSYS-users] Trnsed and parameters cycle

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Wed Dec 7 11:04:45 PST 2011

Dear Thibaut,I ran into a similar problem with this in TRNSED the other day: I wanted to give the end-user the option of using one of two modes for the Type16 radiation processor, and as it turns out these two different modes had a different number of parameters or inputs. Fortunately, I work with the Trnsys savvy, David Bradley, and he contrived a solution. Implement both of the components in the input file, then when the user selects either component (in your case checks a box), it will turn on or off the appropriate outputs of the appropriate component in an equation. Here is a simple example.I have two different Type16 in the input file. In mode 1 is Unit 2 Type16, and in mode 2 is Unit 22 Type16. When the user selects the mode 1, I set a variable to 1 (RM1=1) and set the other variable to 0, (RM2=0). Then I simply make an equation for the output of consideration that has both of the outputs from both of the components with the variable's "switch" to enable or !
 disable that appropriate output.EQUATIONS 1QTotSurf=[2,7]*RM1+[22,7]*RM2Best regards, Matt Duffy ----- Original Message -----From: "Thibaut VITTE" >;thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr