[TRNSYS-users] Specify Constants via Equations for Parameters

Pei Ru Chao simplica1 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:09:16 PST 2011

Dear TRNSYS,

I would like to set constants for a number of Parameters but I realized Equations are linkable only to Inputs of the components. I have seen an example that showed constants in an Equation unlinked to any component, assuming that is setting constants for the entire system. But I don't quite understand how the variable names are chosen and how does TRNSYS know where these named variables can be used? (in my case I would like to put the constants and its associated equations in some of the parameters of the components)

In deck files the constants can be written in via equations quite easily, eliminating the calculation required beforehand. I would like to add them in the graphic mode.

Thanks
Regards,

Pei