[TRNSYS-users] excel question

Aaron J. Danenberg danenberg at hartford.edu
Fri Aug 12 09:54:41 PDT 2011

Nick,

You can output to excel.  All you have to do is use a Type 65c online
printer.  Create a blank xls file.  Go into the type 65c, select the
external files tab, select browse, and go to the directory of the file you
created.

I have not called data from excel, I have called data from a txt file.  For
example to save on simulation time of a geo thermal system, I simulated the
building loads first and saved them to a txt file formatted with each hourly
load in a single column.  Then I used a Data reader to call that data.  My
advice is to play with the data reader, in my opinion the options are not
all that intuitive, but without too much time, you should be able to figure
out how to extract the data you want and use it in TRNSYS.

-Aaron