[TRNSYS-users] building model for a cold load simulation

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 8 01:58:03 PDT 2011

Dear Leona,

you can do just one thing at a time: Simulate the free floating room
temperatures when no heat/cold is supplied OR simulate the cold/heat
demand when the room is kept at certain temperature.

What you did is a simulation without a heating/cooling system, so you
got the temperature profile.

You need to turn on the aux cooling system in TRNBUILD (assuming you use
type 56) and give the building a desired maximum temperature (constant
value, input or schedule). When the room temperature reaches the maximum
temperature, you cooling system will start to operate, keeping the room
below the temperature. Q_sens is the (negative) cooling demand.

Best regards,
Jochen

Am 20:59, schrieb ͫͫ:
> Dear all,
>
> i want to make a building model for the simulation of cold load.It is just
> one room with one external wall and 2 unair-conditioned next rooms(one is
> the lobby the other is the upper room).
>
> Questions are
> 1. I tried to run the simulation, but the cold load is always 0, like the
> picture in the mail.
> 2. i think the temp. is also not correct ,but i don't know why.  ps. i just
> want to simulate the temp.and the cold load in 23. July in the zone.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Leona

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Division Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone: +49 (761) 4588-5468 Fax: +49 (761) 4588-9000
jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
www.ise.fraunhofer.de