[TRNSYS-users] Problem with TRNSys 17

Sarah Settler settler at oekoenergie.de
Sun Aug 7 23:31:45 PDT 2011

Hy Alexis

First question:
if you want to update your geometry, you can choose "file"->"update trnsys 3d file" in Trnbuild and choose the actual example_b17.idf and example.idf of your project.
(If you want to save the old geometry, then you may choose something like example_1.idf, but remember to change the example.bui to example_1.bui in TRNSYS!)
Now, all the changes you have done in Trnbuild are saved into the .idf.  Change your updated .ifd in sketchup. Open Trnbuild and close all projects in Trnbuild. Go to "file"->"import Trnsys 3d file". Check if your changes in geometry affect some inputs/outputs/zones etc.

Second question:
You have to separate the face into two faces by drawing a line on it.

Mit freundlichem Gruß,

Sarah Settler

Ökoplan
Büro für zeitgemäße Energieanwendung