[TRNSYS-users] Type700 question

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Mon Apr 18 13:38:01 PDT 2011

Hello Nick,So during the three days the temperature tank drops, the boiler is completely off, no? Then on the seventh day, the boiler has to bring the lower temperature tank back up to setpoint temperature? Thinking about this, I do not think there would be much difference between the two scenarios unless there was a significant efficiency penalty for turning on and off the boiler. Essentially, it will be heating the same amount to temperature - whether that water has been "chillin" for three days and then the boiler has to bring all of that water up to setpoint temperature or whether the boiler consistently keeps the water at the setpoint temperature.Alright, now that I am thinking about this too hard, we may have to do some simulations to test this. Nick, I would reccommend simply doing this on a smaller scale (1 or two weeks) with these two different scenarios to see what happens, how the systems respond, and the resulting energy consumption on that scale.Best r!
 egards, Matt Duffy ----- Original Message -----From: "Nicholas LaHam" >;ndlaham at gmail.com