[TRNSYS-users] shm file after TRNBuild change

Pauline GELIN p.gelin at katene.fr
Tue Apr 12 06:31:37 PDT 2011

Dear all,

After drawing my building and its shading objects with the TRNSYS3D plugin in Sketchup, I wanted to modify it in TRNBuild (for example to add a window, so I changed the geometry mode on manual).
after doing this, I could not generate a shm file (shading matrix). I guess it is because links for calculations were cut by manual mode.
I would like to know, for my next projects, if I can generate this file before the modifications, and then switch to manual mode.
Will the shading datas be correct?
Are they calculated  based on the location of walls or real windows ones ?

Pauline Gelin,
Katene engineer, fluid design office.