[TRNSYS-users] average ambient day temperature

Nicholas LaHam ndlaham at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:50:17 PDT 2011

Jeff

Is it possible to create running averages based on certain criteria? For instance, could I calculate the average of the temperature each day only when radiation is present (during daytime hours) so that the average does not reflect the cold nights?

The closest solution I have found to this is to use an 8 hour running average, so that you are getting 3 averages each day: Midnight to 8am, 8am to 4pm, and 4pm to Midnight. And then using Excel to average only the 8am to 4pm data and erase everything else. The problem with this is the radiation is still present after 8am or before 4pm at certain locations and depending on the time of season.

Thanks,
Nick