[TRNSYS-users] documentation about Type917 and Type653

aartecon at mta01.univpm.it aartecon at mta01.univpm.it
Fri Apr 8 01:48:58 PDT 2011

Dear Matt,
thanks for your availability. Here my questions:
1) TYPE 917
I cannot understand why in the performance data files there isn’t the
dependence on the external air temperature. I have understood that there
is another file with the correction factors to correct the performance on
the basis of the indoor air temperature. But why the indoor temperature?
Is the heat pump thought to be installed and supplied with the indoor air
(the air temperature in the correction factors file at heating mode are
high indeed, so it is obvious they cannot refer to outdoor conditions)?
Anyway, even if in such a way the air temperature variation is considered,
which is the reference air temperature for the performance data file?
Supplier catalogue data depend on the external air temperature.

2) TYPE 653
If this type is not connected to TYPE 56, which is the best way to use it?
I would like to connect it to TYPE 690, connecting the top surface heat
transfer (Type653) to the sensible load (Type690). Does it make sense?

Checking the source code, I have noticed the code lines reported below. Is
it possible that in the third line you meant T_Prev_B instead of T_Prev_E?
Probably it is a typo.....

!Calculate the top surface temperature in energy balance mode
 T_Prev_T=Tave_Slab/2.+T_Conv_T/4.+T_Rad_T/4.
 T_Prev_E=Tave_Slab/2.+T_Conv_E/4.+T_Rad_E/4.
 T_Prev_E=Tave_Slab/2.+T_Conv_B/4.+T_Rad_B/4.
 Iters_Surface=0

What is the difference between Type 653 and Type 993?

3) TYPE 1231
I have had a lot of troubles with this component. I have coupled it with a
heat pump. I got that when the heat pump is off and there isn’t any flow
rate, the inlet and outlet temperature from the radiator make non-sense
fluctuations. Moreover, after the heat pump is switched off, all the
temperature are set to the last outlet temperature from the radiator and
they don’t drop off to the initial ambient values (this seems consistent
with the source code, but not realistic!).
Moreover, trying to use small time steps the simulation crash. I cannot
understand why.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.
Alessia