[TRNSYS-users] questions about shading matrix file

Pauline GELIN p.gelin at katene.fr
Thu Apr 7 00:21:43 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I would like to know when and where the new shading matrix file is used in TRNSYS simulation studio.
I drew a building with a shading object thanks to the Sketchup plugin TRnSYS3D. I imported it in TRNBuild and I could read information about this shading object in the window "Geo-Info".
But I don't know what these parameters (from V1 to V4)mean and above all where they are use.
I read on the MultizoneBuilding manual that a .shm file was also created. So I thought it was like a .dat file and should be linked in the simulation studio but I didn't find where.
Is there anyone who knows when and where the shading datas are used during the simulation?

I have also another little question, always about the IDF file import in TRNBuild: volumes of zones are well imported but the linked capacitance calculations are not done. Is there a problem from my file or is it always like this? Do I have to multiply by 1.2 myself manually?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Pauline Gelin
Katene Engineer, fluid design office.