[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS models for longwave radiation exchange within a zone

simge andolsun simgeandolsun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:23:21 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to understand the differences between the three radiation
models listed under "Longwave radiation exchange within a zone" in
"Radiation Modes of Thermal Zone" feature of TRNBuild. These models
are:

1) Standard model (starnet model)
2) Simple model (one node model with combined heat transfer coeff.)
3) Detailed model (based on view factors)

The manuals do not refer to these radiation models using the exact
names listed in TRNBuild; therefore I am feeling difficulty
understanding which of the three models is actually being discussed.
Could you please briefly explain the primary differences between the
calculations of these radiation models? I would also appreciate it
very much if you could direct me to the specific sections of the
manual (or to the related papers/thesis) that I should read to learn
more about each model.

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Simge Andolsun