[TRNSYS-users] Overall heat transfer values of walls

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Tue Sep 28 17:26:07 PDT 2010

Hello, everyone.

When I edit a wall type in Type56, there is a u-value indicated with the remark
"for reference only".  What is the meaning for this u-value?  It seems that
this figure does not change even if I use different values for the convective
heat transfer coefficient for the wall.  If I want to know the actual overall
heat transfer of the wall, how can I find it?  Please advise.  Thank you!

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
Division of Building Scienece and Technology
City University of Hong Kong