[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS 17-TRNBuild - multiple airnodes...

hotline hotline at transsolar.com
Tue Sep 14 00:44:27 PDT 2010

Hi,

1) please have a look to the Trnsys3d Tutorial at page 20. There is a
picture at the bottom that shows in what case you'll use the virtual
surface. Normally this wall type is used if you want to simulate
stratification effects like in wintergardens,... By this you could for
example have a radiative zone (means all walls are in radiation
exchange) with several AIRNODES inside. The virtual surface is just a
seperator of these Airnodes that will be deleted after importing into
TRNBUILD.
2) If you use Trnsys3d you'll at first define all walls in the 3D
geometry. These definitions for walls and windows will remain in
TRNBUILD. If you have AIRNODES defined for a radiative zone then the
REGIME DATA is splitted up into two parts, the REGIME DATA for the
specifique AIRNODES (like heating, cooling,...) and the REGIME DATA for
the radiative zone (like GEOMETRY MODE,...).
3) Normally if you have two zones that are linked by an ADJACENT WALL
you can define a COUPLING in TRNBUILD if you select these walls (like
defining a GEOSURF or WALLGAIN). But you have to consider that couplings
can only be in a positive direction. This means that for example if you
are in the definition of zone A you can define a COUPLING from zone B
with xxx kg/h air flow. If you want an air flow the other way then you
have to be in the definition of zone B and to define a COUPLING from
zone A... A special case is if you have a virtual surface between
AIRNODES because this will be thrown out and so you have no wall to
define a coupling. For this reason there is a new button called COUPLING
in the REGIME DATA of the AIRNODES. There you can make the same
definitions as for walls.

Regards
Christian

TRANSSOLAR Software Team
hotline at transsolar.com

www.trnsys.de
Transsolar KlimaEngineering - Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen
und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäuden
Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart /
Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347 / USt-IdNr.: 99073/00911
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer,
Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst, Prof. Volkmar Bleicher

  _____