[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS 17-TRNBuild - multiple airnodes...

aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca
Mon Sep 13 06:49:08 PDT 2010

Hello,

I recently started to explore TRNSYSv17 and I got a few unanswered questions about TRNBuild. Hopefully, someone of you will be able to help me on this.
I'm using TRNSYS3D plug-in for Google SketchUp to create 3D Multizone buildings and I import them in TRNBuild to add the regime data, equipments...I also worked a bit with the Multizone Building tutorial example called 'Restaurant'.

1- In a practical sense, what means 'Virtual Surface'? What are the properties of this type of wall? What are the cases in which it is used?
2- If we create a new airnode in a zone, do we have to redefine all the building surfaces or they are assigned by default? Same thing but with the regime data, is it assigned to all the new airnodes in a zone or just to one by default?
3- In the restaurant example that I tried to recreate, there is a convective coupling between airnodes in two differents zones. How is it possible to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Sumaila
Laboratoire des technologies de l'énergie (LTE)
600, avenue de la Montagne
Shawinigan, QC, G9N 7N5
Tel: 819-539-1400 poste 1340
Courriel: aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca <mailto:aongya.sumaila at lte.ireq.ca>