[TRNSYS-users] Active layer for internal zones

Heloise PELEN heloise.pelen at etamine.coop
Thu Sep 9 09:21:32 PDT 2010

Hello,

I would like to model a building with different thermal zones, heated by a radiative floor and ceiling. Some of my zones include more than one floor (first to third floor of my building for example).

I wanted to use the active layer to model this system : it works very well between two thermal zones but cannot be use in an internal layer. Hence, I cannot use it to model a radiative floor between the first and second floor of my building because there are both in the same thermal zone.

- I would like to understand why the active layer wasn't designed to be use in an internal layer.

- Is there another way to model this system, using the same thermal zones ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Héloïse Pelen

ETAMINE

heloise.pelen at etamine.coop <mailto:heloise.pelen at etamine.coop>

75 rue de la Villette - 69003 Lyon

Std : 04 37 45 34 20 / Fax : 04 37 45 41 38

Ld : 04 37 45 34 13

Visitez notre site web : www.etamine.coop !